Friday, October 14, 2022

Flamingo Portrait


This flamingo portrait is too gorgeous for words.
Via  

I got an early start this morning and was at the plumbing supply store when it opened. I had to get oil for my boiler pump. I have hot water heat and cast iron radiators. The pump has to be oiled regularly and one of the holes is rather large and the internet says it requires 2 tablespoons of oil. There is no easy way to measure it so I asked my pal who manages the store if I could just keep putting oil until it overflowed. He laughed and said that was what most people do. I was thrilled. Then I made several more stops and was home before lunch time. I have been working nonstop doing things in preparation for winter. I organized and folded all of my woolen blankets and put them back in the storage area on top of my closet. It looks SO nice. I have my eiderdown comforter on my bed even though it isn't quite cold enough for it. I put away all of my summer clothes and organized my closet. I worked in my utility room finally putting away all of my painting supplies. I put all the paint from my recent projects and house painting in one container. I still have quite a few old paint cans I need to get rid of so I can have the shelf space. I'm on a roll and feeling good about being organized once again. Have a great weekend.
xo

3 comments:

annette said...

Rosemary,You are an inspiration!Love the thought of being as organized as you.I'm getting there!xo

Content in a Cottage said...

annette -- I have surprised myself with how much I have accomplished this year. It feels so good to have things in their proper place stored neatly instead of jammed in a cupboard. My attic is still a mess but that will be a good winter project. Good luck with your organizing. xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

I smiled when I read that you were waiting for the plumbing supply store to open. Sounds like a woman on a mission! Glad to hear that your heating system is up and running. We turned our hot water heat on a few days ago, when it was downright chilly, and it was fine, thank goodness! Our last home had a new style of furnace but it never seemed as cozy and warm as a boiler system.

Rosemary, it sounds like you have worked hard to get everything in its place. Nothing compares with that feeling of satisfaction. Hope the remainder of your weekend goes well.