Saturday, April 2, 2022

Best House Tour Ever: Robert Kime's London Flat

Sit down, get comfy, and get ready for a treat.
Robert Kime's intricately-layered flat is the distillation of 50 years of expertise. The London flat owned by antique dealer and decorator Robert Kime is a journey of discovery through decades of collecting art, textiles, and curiosities. There is a fabulous 8-minute video with Robert Kime and 9 more photos. WOW. Wonderful article too from House & Garden UK. 
Begin tour here
Enjoy! xo

6 comments:

Lisa D. said...

It's beautiful, and so very English. British House & Garden magazine is one of my favorite shelter publications. If it were not so expensive to subscribe to in the US, I would definitely be a subscriber. I do receive their blog/newsletter though.

Content in a Cottage said...

Lisa D. -- I don't subscribe to any print publications anymore but I know what you mean about that lovely magazine. I have a friend who subscribes and I enjoy looking at hers when I visit. xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

So interesting! So much to see. I have to watch the video again.

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- I need to watch it again too. Be sure to watch it FULL SCREEN on YouTube. It's like a visit to a museum. Have a great Sunday. xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

You really do get a sense of Kime's values from his opening statement. His words made me appreciate his collection all the more.

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- He just buys what he likes instead of what he knows to be valuable. It all looks priceless to me and so fascinating. xo, Rosemary