Friday, April 1, 2022

1953 Movie Recommendation


"Peanut vendor and washed-up baseball player "Coop" Cooper teaches his 9-year-old son all the game's finer points. When Christy becomes the new bat boy, the youngster passes on his father's advice to the teammates and soon the team is winning. The team owner then names Christy the team's head coach as a publicity stunt."



This movie is playing this morning on MOVIES! channel on my air antenna TV but I have too much to do to sit and watch it. I found it on YouTube here in case you can't see the movie above. This is NOT an April Fool's joke, I love old movies with children. This one is about baseball and it looks very good. Enjoy! xo
UPDATE: I watched the film above and there were no commercials. I loved it. Another baseball movie started playing automatically after the first movie ended. It was the true story of Dizzy Dean, the pitcher. It grabbed my attention immediately and I ended up staying up until almost midnight. I loved it too.  Here's the link
The title of the movie is: The Pride of St. Louis.

3 comments:

Anita ~ the cabin on the creek said...

This movie looks fantasticI. I see that it's also available on Prime, but with an extra charge. For some reason I like baseball movies...one of my sons loves baseball & insists there is much more to the game than meets the eye. I have no doubt he is right.

...all is grace!

Content in a Cottage said...

Anita ~ the cabin on the creek -- I am going to watch this movie tonight, FREE on YouTube. I love baseball movies too, especially the old ones. One of the comments on YouTube about this movie was about the high quality of the film presented by this YouTuber. Enjoy. xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

Thanks for this recommendation, Rosemary. I always save them and look forward to watching them. I've been enjoying Inspector Morse and Wycliffe. Hope you have a great weekend!