Friday, March 18, 2022

Grape Hyacinths Growing in A Cotswold Courtyard


This photo stopped me in my tracks yesterday when I spent a few minutes scrolling my Instagram feed. It shows Grape Hyacinths growing prolifically between the cracks in this courtyard garden in the Cotswolds. I forgot to bookmark the source but I will when I find it again. I have one patch of these delightful spring flowering bulbs but they need to be moved so I can enjoy them in a more prominent location. Isn't this garden beautiful? My snowdrops are still in full bloom and the daffodils are starting to emerge. Happy Friday. xo

6 comments:

Caroline said...

I wish I could send all my grape hyacinths to you !!! I hate the darn things. If you try to pull them up they get worse and thicker. They are everywhere and take over the phlox and other plants. When they are finished blooming the brown stuff is everywhere. Oh well....I keep pulling them out in big clumps. Glad yours are contained but good luck moving them :)

Content in a Cottage said...

Caroline -- I know what you mean about the brown stuff when they are finished blooming and going to seed. Thanks for mentioning that. Maybe I will just leave mine where they are😂 xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

Beautiful garden. I know the grape hyacinths can get out of hand, but they're such a lovely shade of blue. By the time spring gets here, I'm just happy to see their color!

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam, That wonderful shade of deep blue is a welcome sight in the spring. If you have a spot where they can spread to their hearts' content, that's where they should be planted. Tomorrow is the first day of spring and you sound excited as am I.
xo, Rosemary

Lisa D. said...

I have grape hyacinths in a plot in my back yard, and I love them.

Content in a Cottage said...

Lisa D. -- Mine have put out green leaves but no sign of flowers yet. Your plot must bring you great pleasure. Lucky you. xo, Rosemary