Saturday, February 5, 2022

Roman Shades Final Pressing


I removed all the pins yesterday and ironed my toile Roman shades and I am thrilled by how nice they look.



Now I can really appreciate how fine they are. I have never attempted sewing such complicated window treatments from scratch and these are exceptionally well made. The toile is lined, there is a clear plexiglass rod in a channel between each pleat, and the rear rings are attached at the top of each rod casement. I padded my ironing board with a thickly folded flannel sheet and I was able to iron the draped folds without a crease. I had to work quickly for fear of melting the rings.😱

I am patient and just worked one step at a time. I have never understood exactly how Roman shades worked but now I do. Today I'm going to wash the windows on the inside of the two doors and then I will be ready for hanging. Stay tuned. 

All of my snow has melted and there is bright sun and blue skies today. My area was spared the ice too but it's cold outside. Have a nice weekend and be careful where you walk if old man winter was not kind to you. xo

6 comments:

Sherry B said...

Well done! And such a bargain as well. I have only had a few custom window treatments made b/c they are so expensive, but clearly you can see all the handwork they need. You did a beautiful job restoring these shades and I look forward to seeing them hung.

Mama Pea said...

I'm enjoying this project of yours and following along each step of the way. You must already feel a great sense of accomplishment. Next, getting them hung!

Pam said...

Well done, Rosemary. It's obvious you pressed the shades with care. Can't wait to see them hung up!

Anonymous said...

this is so exciting! LOL!
I have new respect for roman shades! the sheer workmanship that's involved in creating them. you do everything with such Quality. can't wait to see them up! XO

Betty said...

Love the fabric. I have a throw pillow that's muted red and pale yellow, same print.

Content in a Cottage said...

Betty -- That throw pillow sounds beautiful. I love that color combination. xo, Rosemary