Monday, February 14, 2022

A Few of My Favorite Things


I purchased this dog painting several years ago. I have no idea what the dark splotches are and the estate sale lady didn't know either. I think they might be scorch marks from candles too close. It could be repaired but I like it as found for now. The terrier is fabulous. I got the two brass deer at the same sale. This cozy little corner is next to my living room fireplace. 


I had Missy from Friday morning through Sunday morning. She's always a welcome visitor. I have never had a dog with longish hair. We had 60° on Saturday but woke up to about 3" of snow on Sunday morning. Her paws were filled with little snowballs after the early morning walk that had to "melt" off once we got inside. She obediently stayed on a towel atop the dog bed until she defrosted. I can't even imagine her dangling snopballs after coming in from a much deeper snow! 


❤️Happy Valentine's Day❤️
 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

your little house guest is wonderful. she seems to be quite the lady. I think she appreciates the "home" of your beautiful cottage. and I know her owner's do too! I like the painting of the terrier too. and the dark spots add to its story. you have a special knack for displaying things of a by gone era. XO

Mama Pea said...

We had a cocker spaniel when we were first married. She would come in from a romp in the snow with so many "snow balls" clinging to her undercoat that she sounded like a chorus of castanets waling across the floor! You brought back that memory.

Pam said...

Rosemary, you have found so many interesting pieces over the years. I agree with tammy j in that I've always thought that those "marks" like the possible dark spots on the picture of the dog, add to the mystique.

Content in a Cottage said...

tammy j -- Tam, Thank you. So many of my things have an untold story about their previous life as well as the story about my finding them. Things have to "speak" to me before I buy them. I spend a lot of time arranging and rearranging them too. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Mama Pea -- I can just see your cocker spaniel prancing with those snowballs clanging😂🐾🐾 Thanks for your story about a long-haired dog in the snow. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- Previous owned things are seldom perfect, are they? Their imperfections are often part of their charm. The spots on the dog painting are an unsolved mystery.
xo, Rosemary