Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Scandinavian Christmas DIY Ideas for Next Year


I love the simplicity of these architectural  gingerbread cookies in a skyline arrangement.



Who wouldn't love a gingerbread house hanging on the rim of a cup filled with hot cocoa?



You wouldn't even need a pattern for this A-Frame gingerbread house! Start looking for a large heart-shaped cookie cutter. You could do the triangles from a paper pattern in the scale of the hearts ending with rounded ones at the entrance. More ideas here.

If you leave your Christmas decorations up until 
12th night, you might still want to keep 
baking and making! xo

8 comments:

Lisa D. said...

I love the gingerbread house cookie hanging on the cup. How cute.

Pam said...

I really like ginger anything and everything! Sure do like that Scandinavian simplicity, too.

Mama Pea said...

Breaking apart (if you could bear to do so) that darling little gingerbread house on the rim of the mug and eating the pieces with your hot beverage would be delightful!

Content in a Cottage said...

Lisa D. -- It's adorable. I have seen other things hanging on a cup but this little house is the best. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- The Scandinavians are the masters of gingerbread and simplicity too. I love all the spices in gingerbread. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Mama Pea -- That WOULD be a delightful combination. That little house was made to be eaten and enjoyed but I would have to photograph it first to preserve it. You could make tiny candy cane cookies to hook on a cup too if you are looking for a simpler version. xo, Rosemary

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this! every one of them.
there is such charm in them all.
and Scandi simplicity has always appealed to me.
I got to watch Downton Abbey last night on Masterpiece!
it was when the King and Queen came to visit. XOXO

Content in a Cottage said...

tammy j -- Tam, I'm so glad you got to watch the DOWNTON ABBEY movie. I plan on watching it on January 3rd when it is repeated on one of my PBS channels. The Scandinavian simplicity always makes for joyful viewing! xo, Rosemary