Sunday, November 7, 2021

Christmas Books to Read Starting December First


I found a blog you will want to bookmark called TYGERTALE: A BLOG ABOUT BRILLIANT CHILDREN'S BOOKS. https://tygertale.com/

The illustration above is for reading on the 8th day of December:
There is even a delightful 25 minute animated movie of this story to watch at the end.

The entire blog post about Christmas stories to read each day in December leading up to Christmas Day is: https://tygertale.com/2020/12/25/the-best-christmas-ever/ 
Each recommendation has a link leading to the book with numerous illustrations. You will love it!

Enjoy and share. 
PS: It's okay to start early🎄

7 comments:

Mama Pea said...

What a totally delightful idea . . . and list! It makes me wish I still had a young one to read these with. (I could do it myself, though, couldn't I?!)

Content in a Cottage said...

Mama Pea -- "It's never too late to have a second childhood."
I have already watched the 25 minute movie. It's delightful. xo, Rosemary

mia said...

Thanks. Love the whole blog and Jill Barklem.

Pam said...

So glad you posted these book suggestions, Rosemary. I have one little granddaughter and another coming at the end of January! I think those girls will need the Brambly Hedge series! I know I want to read them all.

Anonymous said...

thank you! to have these listed this way is so wonderful!
I have many children's books that I read this time of year.
we Never lose the little child in us! and with the world becoming more mechanized and chaotic I can think of nothing better to do to safeguard it for our own sanity! XOXO

Lisa D. said...

Thanks so much for this, Rosemary. I've always been a book person, and fairly recently worked at a book store. I've developed quite an appreciation for children's books, especially older ones. They have such a charm and innocence about them.

annette said...

As always,Rosemary,you find the best stuff to share.Thank you xo