Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Reading Room in The Bookshop, Wigtown Scotland


It couldn't be cozier, could it? The Bookshop in Wigtown is the largest second-hand bookshop in Scotland with over a mile of shelving supporting roughly 100,000 books. Sounds wonderful, doesn't it. Don't you love the quote by Sir Terry Pratchett over the fireplace? 
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." Take an armchair visit to their website: https://www.the-bookshop.com/
Enjoy. xo

4 comments:

Pam said...

I could easily hole up in this cozy bookshop for the winter.

Linda Sand said...

This reminded me of a cafe' we visited in Duluth, Minnesota, that had book-lined walls. You were welcome to read any other them.

Sherry said...

I want to do this so bad, I have the perfect nook and fireplace. Hard thing is Hubby us to busy at the moment to make my shelfs. Retiring soon, hope to get them then. Love your blog.

Teri said...

Mmmmmm... Wigtown. Spent a lovely and leisurely day there wandering in and out of shops. The whole area is amazing. And a plus is it is the seat of my paternal clan. In fact, when seeking out a good lunch place the lady said to me, "You must be here researching your family history! You look just like a Hanna" Wow. (BTW, lunch at the Steampack Inn was fabulous... completed with a 'jam session' local musicians.