Saturday, September 18, 2021

Beatrix Potter Kitty in Boots



I found an interesting New Yorker article about a new book being published based on a “lost” Potter work about a cat: “The Tale of Kitty-in-Boots,” which she had begun and abandoned two years earlier, in 1914. Several manuscripts of the story were discovered in 2013 in the Potter archive at the Victoria & Albert Museum. Read more here. Beatrix Potter complained to her publisher, "I do not draw cats well." I disagree and think her original drawing is quite charming.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Beatrix Potter must have been a humble soul when it came to her art. I think everything she drew was wonderful! Very interesting post.

Anonymous said...

isn't that strange! I also think it's charming.
but then I tend to like everything she did.
I guess I just liked Her! xo

Anita ~ the cabin on the creek said...

I agree that Miss Potter draws cats quite well. This one looks quite the gentleman in his hunting attire. I am in awe of anyone who has that kind of artistic talent.

...all is grace!