Wednesday, September 1, 2021

A Giant Sunflower + A Visit from Missy


I picked up Missy in New Vernon this morning and as I was leaving I photographed this single giant sunflower at the house across from hers. Her owner is having cataract surgery tomorrow so I don't know exactly long I will have her. It might be a few days or it might be two weeks. She's no trouble so it's fine with me.



Here she is with fresh bedding in her crate. We are having a rainy day today as predicted but tonight it's supposed to be hard or even torrential. I am going to feed her early and try to have the walks done before it gets bad. Tomorrow is going to be fine and I'm glad about that for me and especially because of my friend's surgery. One of his friends on the Rescue Squad is in charge of the transportation and follow up visits. Living in the same house in a great village for your whole life is a wonderful thing. I'm glad I can help as the dog sitter. xo

9 comments:

Barbara S. said...

Hi Rosemary,
She looks like a sweet dog! I remember when Webster had a doggie friend over for you to dog sit. I sure do miss Webster in your posts. I hope you are doing well and I thank you for all of your posts. Blessings to you xo

Content in a Cottage said...

Barbara S. -- Thank you for missing Webster the Wonder Dog. I miss him too. I just took Missy out in dark in the pouring rain. I don't miss that part of dog ownership. For now, dog siting is perfect for me. You are right about a dog that came over occasionally when Webster was alive.
xo, Rosemary

Anonymous said...

it will mean so much more for your friend than if Missy were in a kennel. you're a good friend! XO
and I miss Webster too. he was truly your wonder dog.

Penelope Bianchi said...

I just heard New Jersey is a disaster area! Glad Missy is with you and you can be on the second floor!
what a mess! I pray you and Missy are safe and no damage.....Mother Nature is sure actiing up!

Fingers crossed everything is okay there!

Penelope

Pam said...

I like the way that sunflower proudly stands and greets the world! I'll bet it wasn't planted by the homeowner--Mother Nature probably gifted them with it. It will be nice to have Missy visiting with you. She sounds like a good companion. I hope her owner has a successful surgery. Knowing that you're caring for Missy must give him peace of mind.

Content in a Cottage said...

WEATHER UPDATE -- Pam, Penelope Bianchi, and tammy j -- The rain last night was torrential until 2am but there wasn't much wind. I didn't get any water in my basement either!!! It was very scary listening to the water pounding away and rushing through the gutters and overflowing too. I walked Missy last night for about one minute and she made the decision to go back inside. She was soaked to the skin but made it through the night just fine in her beloved crate. I was up and down all night checking my basement. My grass in the front is LONG overdue for a cutting and I wonder if that helped? Be safe wherever you are.
xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

Rosemary, thanks for your update! I've been watching the weather for your area and was concerned for you. Thankful your lower level did not flood! Hoping for better weather for you.

Lisa D. said...

Missy looks like a sweetheart, and you are kind to look after her. Love the sunflower, and love the house too.

Lisa D. said...

Stay safe and dry, and if you are so inclined, send some rain my way. We're so dry out here in CA, we're about to crack apart and fall into the ocean!