Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Yesterday's Dahlia After My Evening Walk


I worked outside almost all day yesterday and was amazed at how much I accomplished. I got a good photo at day's end of a dahlia for those of you who aren't tired of seeing them. I am glad to have something personal to offer since time is limited this morning because I have to look like a real person today instead of a farm hand for an office meeting. The latter is my preferred mode of dressing. I donate lots of my things on a regular basis but never old clothes because I wear them until they are threadbare and then they go in the rag bag after I remove the buttons. You can't get any real work done in good clothes and I was trained as a child to change into play clothes so I wouldn't ruin my good things and I still do it. On the days I stay "dressed up" I accomplish nothing constructive once I get home. So now I do the opposite; I wear work clothes at home and change into better things to go out. xo

5 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Sounds as though we operate with the same dress code! Maybe I learned it from my mom as she was a professional woman who always looked great when she left for her job, but changed into comfortable, work-type clothes as soon as she came home. Come to think of it, my maternal grandmother was much the same. She was a full-time homemaker but whenever she left the house, she was one classy looking lady.

P.S. Thanks for sharing the picture of the dahlia. It's gorgeous!

Anita ~ the cabin on the creek said...

I couldn't agree more & could have written what you did regarding work clothes. But I most often refer to myself as the creek lady, especially on busy days outside with heat & humidity. Love the dahlia, which looks spectacular with the background green & muted white...a beautiful photo.

...all is grace!

Content in a Cottage said...

Anita ~ the cabin on the creek -- Anita, I hate to shop so I try not to ruin my
"good" clothes. My property is very private so not many people see me in my well worn working attire. It's nice to hear I have a counterpart on the creek.
xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

The photo of your dahlia is just perfect. I'll bet you've enjoyed every single one. I'm in total agreement when it comes to wearing old clothes at home. It's not a big deal if I get them dirty and nothing else compares when it comes to comfort.

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- Old clothes are the best, aren't they? It's all about comfort too. I usually roll up my cuffs and I have to go outside and shake out all the grass clippings before I do laundry. I am enjoying my first year with dahlias so very much and thanks for liking my photos.
xo, Rosemary