Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Before There Were Patios, We Sat On The Grass


I took this photo at a realtor open house near my cottage.



The dwelling was a caretaker's cottage and the grounds were fabulous. Who needs a patio when you have vintage wicker furniture and a beautiful lawn? The cottage was delightful with no central air and was really untouched since it was built. It had always been maintained and lived in and was being offered for rent. The outdoor furnishings were included and there was garage/barn for storage. There were custom waterproof covers for the chairs to protect them from the rain. The open house was years ago as are my pics. Due to Covid, there are very few (if any) open houses these days. Just virtual tours and private showings by appointment.

5 comments:

Lisa D. said...

"Before there were patios, we sat on the grass" - that's great, Rosemary. I love that! The cottage is absolutely charming.

Karen said...

Oh my! This house is SO me . . . .gorgeous! *I bet you could sit out there to watch the Perseid Showers! Just lovely . . . .

Pam said...

So true. When I was young, outdoor furniture was for the porch and the shaded areas of our yard. I don't think patios became popular until the 50s and early 60s. I'd love to tour that caretaker's cottage!

Noelle said...

Love that! Wicker is very hard to find today.

Anonymous said...

so lovely!
I hope people have treated it well.