Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Dahlia Day 5 + New Ones


Miss Dahlia it is fully formed and an insect has nibbled away at some of the outer tips. The center has virtually disappeared. Now I know to pick them earlier and have them open fully inside the house. 


This one is blooming in the back yard and it's a beauty too and has some companion buds.



I really don't want to cut it since it is also a first bloom for the back yard but I'll keep an eye out for insect damage.

I was able to get in some quality mowing yesterday afternoon late when it was all shaded. Last night it rain again and I will wait a day or two before doing the front since there are two sunny days coming up with no rain or thunder showers. xo

2 comments:

Noelle said...

Just gorgeous! Can’t wait to try growing them myself!

Pam said...

Those dahlias don't disappoint!