Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Pancake Supper I Cooked Long Ago

I found this photo I took long ago and I have no memory of this meal. It looks like a large pancake spread with jam and coconut flakes and it looks delicious. That's my coffee table and everything on it is mine too. Remember when I said I lost many photos and more when my computer running Windows XP crashed? Well, I just found some of them saved to Google Photos and this is one of them. Click to enlarge.

Click the link if you missed my morning post about an Equestrian Painter. 

Today was beautiful and unseasonably warm with a high of 52°. There was a lot of melting too, thank goodness. I broke up ice patches that should be gone in a couple of days. See you tomorrow. xo

9 comments:

Karen said...

Oh my gosh! I love EVERYTHING in this picture:) The plaid, the deer, the rustic plate - ohmy:) Thanks so much for posting! **I look forward to your posts in the evening - very special . .

Sally said...

And the beautiful pup - I envy your collection! An old friend collected a few works by Munnings and I fell in love with them then - the colors and the way of his painting. Rosemary, thank you for finding and sharing this article.

Content in a Cottage said...

Sally, Lucky you for having seen some of Munnings' original works. Your friend must have wonderful taste! My little brass pup is one of my favorite things.
xo, Rosemary

Anonymous said...

I love the simplicity! healthy and delicious too.
it's simply beautiful. and the treasured little brass pup joining you. :D xoxo

Content in a Cottage said...

tammy j -- All of the cooking I do these days is simple, quick, and easy. I am not interested in preparing anything complicated these days. xo, Rosemary

Catherine said...

It must have been very good!

Vicki Arkens said...

I'm so glad your blog is fully restored. Congratulations!

Content in a Cottage said...

Vicki Arkens -- You have no idea what I have been through lately. I didn't do anything to make it disappear the way it did. Google did something and I worked and worked to get it back and today I had success. I'm so relieved and thank you for being glad.
xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Sally -- I found another link with a very detailed biography of Sir Alfred Munnings. I did not know that he was blind in one eye!

https://www.kipmistral.com/sir-alfred-james-munnings-genius-of-british-romantic-equestrian-art/

Enjoy.
xo, Rosemary