Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Equestrian Paintings by Sir Alfred Munnings

Portrait of Lady Barbara Lowther on horseback by Alfred James Munnings 1878-1959.

The artist himself. Read about Sir Alfred in a great article published by Christie's Auction House in London entitled: FROM WAR HORSES TO ROYALTY: THE ART OF SIR ALFRED MUNNINGS. The short biography includes many more paintings for you as well as one painted in 1954 with Queen Elizabeth. He painted continuously and beautifully up until the end of his life! I love the first one with the beautiful landscape in the background. Enjoy. xo

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I like the painting, such beautifully done. I had a look at the link and I enjoyed it. Thank you.

Content in a Cottage said...

Catherine, I was not familiar with this artist and was glad I found him. Glad you enjoyed the article.
xo, Rosemary