Friday, January 15, 2021

Tall Case Clock in My Kitchen

New Jersey Tall Case Clock circa 1820
I found this old photo with the sundial that is now in my garden next to the tall case clock in my kitchen. There was an area of my attic over the kitchen that was too low for me to stand upright so I incorporated it into my kitchen during the renovation. That was fortunate because the kitchen ended up being the only room where my clock could stand after I moved in. My former house had eight-foot ceilings and I never measured the room heights in my cottage but they are only seven feet, eight inches.  My clock needs a minimum of eight feet to stand up with the finials in place, so in the kitchen it went and I have absolutely loved it there ever since. It fits perfectly between my cabinetry and the pantry even though this space wasn't designed to house the clock. It couldn't be any better if I had planned it this way! xo

6 comments:

Pam said...

Such a beautiful clock, and she's certainly not showing her age! I always love pictures of your cottage, Rosemary. Hope you have a good weekend. We're getting snow, so I'm staying in. xoxo

Linda said...

and . . . you are and likely always will be the only one I know with a tall case clock in their kitchen. Simply divine.

kathiquilts said...

Oh Rosemary - I remember previous posting of your beautiful clock! Everything about it is just wonderful - the stately finials, that fabulous face and of course, that incredible grain and color of the wood. Perrfect to have it where you are able to see it often! Such a treasure!

Linda A. said...

I love your clock..... what a treasure!

Catherine said...

Beautiful clock!

The Queen Vee said...

Your clock is 201 years old and so beautiful . I 'love how it fits so perfectly in this spot and is in the kitchen. If you are like me, you spend a lot of time in the kitchen and so your decision to place the clock in this unusual place gives you even more time to enjoy it. Having moved 18 times I'm always amazed at how I have been able to find just the perfect spot for things that I love. Sometimes those things end up in unusual places, like right now..... I have a whole gallery of prints and engravings in our bathroom as I had no place else for them to go. Ken and I are the only ones who view them and I'm okay with that.