Friday, November 20, 2020

Red-bellied woodpecker at my Feeder

He is my favorite bird thus far and the showiest because of his size and beautiful red head. I hope he won't hold it against me when I get my sunflower kernels only bird seed without any peanuts and other tree nuts in the mix. Otherwise, I would be headed to the poor house in no time. This large woodpecker has an easier time at my feeder than the much smaller Downy Woodpecker who doesn't always latch on a perch the first try. But he perseveres and eventually lands and feeds. I am a happy bird lady and will continue to show you photographs whenever I get a great one. Happy Friday. xo

3 comments:

Lisa D. said...

I'm sure in the bird world, he's a super model.

Content in a Cottage said...

lisa -- You made me laugh. This woodpecker is probably my most frequent visitor and I never tire of photographing him. I agree, he's a beauty. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
xo, Rosemary

The Queen Vee said...

Can't top Lisa's comment, I think she is onto something there.

I can say that this is a gorgeous bird and an equally gorgeous photo.

When we had a bird feeder in Virginia it seemed like it was more of a squirrel feeder.