Sunday, November 1, 2020

Raised Hearth Fireplace: So Nice!

This entire image says cozy, doesn't it? There must be a window nearby for birdwatching to complete the picture. The all white paint on all interior surfaces extends the ceiling height so the mantle decor doesn't look cramped. I see some fireplace equipment for open fire cooking too. Perfection!
I have already wasted over an hour trying to change the time on my watch. So much for daylight SAVINGS time. I have a Swiss Army water resistant watch and the bezel is locked down. You are supposed to twist it counterclockwise until it pops out but it's not working. I always have this problem so I'll just have to keep trying. I have tweezers but they aren't helping. Wish me luck. xo

5 comments:

Linda Sand said...

Made me chuckle--spending a hour trying to change the time on your watch. :D

The other thing I read yesterday that made me chuckle is that non of us wants an extra hour of 2020.

Content in a Cottage said...

Linda Sand -- I finally got it to work and then it hit me that I'll have to struggle all over again at the end of this month because November has only 30 days. Hopefully, changing the date on my watch will be easier than changing the time was today.
That is hilarious about not wanting one extra hour of 2020! I will have to agree with that thought.
xo, Rosemary

jusaweecatnap said...

Have you tried googling the problem you're having--maybe someone's done a video or a post about it. I'd so love to be sitting in front of that fireplace right now.

Pam said...

I change our fireplaces for the one pictured in a heartbeat! I love the elevated flames, plus, it would be wonderful to be able to clean them without kneeling on the floor. Such a nice room! Rosemary, I'm glad you were able to set your watch. I would do the same thing. When a person needs to get things done, there's no "time" like the present!!

The Queen Vee said...

The dreaded time change, I really wish we could just pick a time and stay on it. More accidents and heart attacks happen the week after time changes in the fall and spring. I think Arizona has the right idea.

I really miss a wood burning fireplace although I'm consoled by the fact that it is really bad for the air quality in the Salt Lake Valley.