Thursday, August 27, 2020

Real Estate Staging Before and After

This is a before photo. The previous tenant was storing his furniture in the master bedroom and after one year he removed all of the furniture with almost no notice.

Being the resourceful person that I am, I remembered that my friend had a beautiful nickel silver king sized bed stored in her finished basement. She could not use it when she moved to her new house. In the flash of an eye, she and her husband delivered it and the rest is history. We already had the mattress and box spring and bedding which went together nicely the next day.

The sofa, leather chair and ottoman, and framed print were removed too. I was left with a completely empty room.

This beautiful sofa was in an upstairs bedroom where there were two sofas. I took the most beautiful one and it looks perfect between the twin built-in cupboards. I think the room looks nicer than before. There was a Victorian marble-top dresser in the spot where you see the black bench. This is an example of "A day in the life of the listing agent." The owners have no idea! I would have had to pay a stager a fortune. I researched buying a bed frame but they cost $275. So all of the above was $FREE. Click photos to enlarge.
Views of the empty bedroom.

8 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Rosemary, you are amazing. In your next life, being an interior designer by profession will make you famous . . . and rich! ;o)

Content in a Cottage said...

Mama Pea, You flatter me and I thank you. Actually, I am too thrifty to pay somebody else to do what I can do myself and probably better. The money realtors have to dole out to photographers, stagers, videographers, and floor plan makers is money we don't get back unless a house sells. Luckily I am a hard worker and don't mind getting my hands dirty and I am strong. xo, Rosemary

Anita ~ the cabin on the creek said...

You did a great job Rosemary & that was good thinking when in a tight spot. It all looks great thanks to your creative thinking. I am much like you, not cheap, but what I would call frugal. I do anything I am able to do on my own...why pay someone for something I can do. My husband & I always had that mindset, which helped us tremendously when we had our small business selling furniture & accessories. Good luck on the sale of this home.

...all is grace!

Content in a Cottage said...

Anita ~ the cabin on the creek -- Anita, I am frugal too and am almost always disappointed when I hire someone to do something I could do myself. I am glad to hear you are a kindred spirit.
xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

Good work, Rosemary! It's not easy to achieve that certain "feel" to a room, but you were able to create an elegant yet comfortable looking space. Don't you just love a challenge?!! Hope it sells without a hitch! xoxo

Lisa D. said...

You did a great job. I once hired someone to stage my late father's house for a party. The house itself was a lovely one, but my parents were not attentive to either the decor, or the aesthetics of it, in their later years. I guess most older people are not. So I hired someone to stage the house. OMG, what a waste of money! I was so disappointed. I suppose I did not understand what stagers do. I assumed they would bring in some pieces/furnishings to make the house look better. All they did was move things around!

Penelope Bianchi said...

Very few people have the vision and taste to pull this one off. I am a person who is paid to do something that some people think they can "do themselves". Many people think they can; and, not to be unkind, they cannot. You, Rosemary, can indeed. And probably, many of your readers who admire you!
Absolutely brilliant. No stager I have ever seen could have matched this one.

Absolutely brilliant! Love the carpet, love the curtains.....the furniture killed the room. Dead.

You saved it, and I bet it sells soon!

Bravo!

The Queen Vee said...

I so love a good "Before and After" and you did not disappoint although I really knew that you wouldn't.

Penelope's comment says it all really and so I simply add that your efforts were brilliantly executed and with your own talent for elegant thriftiness. The lighter tones of the nickel bed and smashing sofa balance out beautifully with the carpet, wallpaper and drapery. Give yourself an A+++