Wednesday, July 29, 2020

New Arrangement in My LIving Room

I have done some major rearranging in my living room all because of my television. I recently bought a used but not abused Apple TV from a neighbor. It is third generation but it works wonderfully well and I am able to stream shows from my iPad to my TV. I have also joined Acorn TV with a one year subscription and am enjoying it thoroughly. I moved my largest sofa beside this antique tiger maple sewing stand because the companion sofa you see in this sofa was not long enough for naps and not as comfortable as my longer one that was formerly between my French doors leading to my balcony. I had to rearrange my lamps too. All of them. I bought this vintage cocktail shaker lamp with the hand-painted shade months ago at an estate sale. It has been up in my attic waiting for a home and got one this week. I am not a drinker but loved this lamp. I have a large collection of decanters all across the top of my bookcase so the martini glasses drawn on each panel are still appropriate. They don't even show when the lamp is turned on. It has a small bulb and casts a beautiful glow that is not too bright for TV binging. I am very happy with everything and will post more photos from time to time. I had many early morning errands to run this morning regarding real estate and I'm not finished yet. It's still too hot to work outside and I am thankful for my central air. I keep it at a high setting and turn it off at night and open the windows when I can. Otherwise a fan in the bedroom is all I need. Stay cool. and wear a mask when you go out xo

5 comments:

Pam said...

Lovely room, but your entire cottage is lovely! Sounds like you're all set for comfortable tv viewing. That's important!

Anita ~ the cabin on the creek said...

Like you Rosemary, I too believe that the most important aspect of a room is how it functions. Moving furniture can have a domino effect, but the results are most often worth it. Please post a pic when you are finished.

I may have to look into Acorn... I watch my movies & series on my laptop & have no real TV in the cabin. It works for me.

...all is grace!

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- Thank you. I am enjoying my new comfortable arrangement very much. I am staying up later to watch tv in the living room instead of going to bed early so I could watch Acorn TV on my iPad.
xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Anita -- I am thrilled with AcornTV. I will post more pics when I'm finished rearranging and consider it perfect. I am certainly already enjoying what I've done so far.
xo, Rosemary

The Queen Vee said...

I have subscriptions to BritBox, Acorn, PBS and Amazon Prime. I'm just finishing up watching The Jewel in Crown for the umpteenth time. We still have cable for Ken although with Covid and limited sports in my opinion it's time to cut the cord. Cable is expensive and I look forward to the day when we no longer pay for it. It remains so important for Ken and with his Alzheimers it's best to not change things.

Rearranging gives a whole new perspective on spaces and things in them. It's like moving to a new house but not actually doing it. It's always a treat to get peeks into your cottage Rosemary.

It sounds like despite Covid that you are still able to work. Do be careful and yes to mask wearing. We are all being very diligent about wearing them, washing hands and trying to not touch our faces. The touching part is the hardest because you don't even realize you are doing it.