Thursday, May 28, 2020

North Side Photo of My Yard

I mowed day before yesterday and took this photo from the North side of my cottage. The white clapboard you see on the far left is the side of my cottage with no windows. The headboard of my bed is pushed against this wall. The two windows in this room overlook the front and the back. The sky was overcast in the back but the sun was shining in the front as you can see from the shadows. I was determined to beat the rain.

I mowed the front late in the afternoon yesterday and it rained overnight, as predicted. So far I am keeping up with lawn maintenance and still enjoying the exercise. 

I downloaded TUBI from the App Store on my phone and iPad. It is also available on a computer here: https://tubitv.com/ Tubi is a free streaming service with movies and tv shows. There are commercials but they are only 15 seconds in length and do not interfere with the shows or movies at all. I have been watching Season 19 of Midsomer Murders, the last PBS season with the original DCI Barnaby. Season 20 with his replacement isn't available yet. I have watch several good movies too but I honestly cannot remember the names. I watch a movie every day and can recommend ENCHANTED APRIL and MRS. PALFREY AT THE CLAREMONT. Quite accidentally, both of these movies had Joan Plowright. and now I must look for more of her movies. Her body of work is incredible. Those were offered on HOOPLA through my public library. 

It is a dreary day today with rain on and off, perfect for watching 2 movies. xo

12 comments:

minwks said...

Just look at how that geranium brightens an otherwise dull day! Keep well. Regards Janine
Zone 8 Lots of Ladies Mantle Alchemilla mollis - also have a miniature one with silver edging on the leaf.

Content in a Cottage said...

minwks -- Janine from Zone 8, Thank you for posting the botanical name. I cannot wait to look up a photo of your miniature Lady's Mantle with the silver edging. I did not realize there was more than one variety. I am sure others will be interested in it too.
xo, Rosemary

Dee said...

Such a lovely yard! Those of us with yards/gardens and work to do in them, have truly been blessed during this lockdown.

Content in a Cottage said...

Dee :: Yes, we are truly blessed. I have been doing my own yard work and it is rare that I have to hire help unless it's for tree work. Working outside is especially enjoyable during this pandemic. I have moved mountains so far this spring and it gives me great pleasure knowing I did it all myself. You sound like a kindred spirit.
xo, Rosemary

Gail, northern California said...

This might not be your cup of tea but speaking of movies, I just watched a wonderful documentary called "Men of Cloth", about the fine art of tailoring.

Content in a Cottage said...

Gail, northern California -- Gail, That documentary sounds great. I am veery interested in tailoring, which is almost a lost art. Thanks for the recommendation.
xo, Rosemary

Franki said...

Thanks for the TUBI heads up. Midsomer Murders is a favorite.

Content in a Cottage said...

Franki :: I am pretty sure all 19 seasons of Midsomer Murders are available for streaming on TUBI. It's a favorite of mine too.
xo, Rosemary

kathiquilts said...

You do such an amazing job with both your yard/garden ans the inside of your cottage! Always enjos seeing what you are up to or working on. For more Joan Plowright movies try Avalon (touching); Widow's Peak (cheeky Irish); The Importance of Being Ernest (Oscar Wilde and so witty); I love you to Death (hilarious); The Merchant of Venice (hard to find but SO worth it) and Tea with the Dames (not a movies but JP along with Dames Maggie Smith, Eileen Atkins and Judy Dench chatting -- first over tea and then champagne - lovely!) Enjoy

Pam said...

Everything looks so lush. Rosemary, your hard work is evident!

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam :: We have had such a strange month of May with cool temperatures and rain. Yes. Everything is lush and I have been working hard. Thanks for the pep talk about my hard work.
xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

kathiquilts :: I am a latecomer to Joan Plowright films and now I plan to see them all. Thanks so much for the list of your favorites. So glad to hear you like my cottage and lawn tours.
xo, Rosemary