Wednesday, May 13, 2020

New Look Under My Pantry Window

I did a slight rearrange in my pantry yesterday and got so much more surface space. I put this old blue shutter on top of the bucket bench that houses my microwave, my stand mixer, Instant Pot, Panini Press, and so many more kitchen related items. It extends almost to the doorway and over the wooden counter where my platters live. It makes my pantry much more efficient and I like it for now. This window overlooks my red barn/garage and I overwinter my large Rosemary plant in this spot. I arranged my cookbooks, my plastic bag storage and it took forever. I have a huge bag of paper egg cartons to drop off and recycle at a local farm that sell farm-fresh eggs at the top of their driveway. They will be thrilled. 

7 comments:

elizabeth s said...

LOVELY!

Franki said...

The wooden trough looks like one I have that has a slate plate for keeping bread warm. It is almost 50 years old! Am going to try the biscuit recipe soon.

Anita ~ the cabin on the creek said...

I love your pantry Rosemary. I have always loved pantries & had one in my last house at the far end of my kitchen. My husband & I had a retail shop for many years & sold mostly reproduction furniture, with some antiques as I could find them. We were housed in a big brick farmhouse built in 1835...with a summer kitchen & barn from the late 1700's. In a large room on our second floor we built a smaller room which was a walk-in pantry. Our customers loved it & we sold kitchen type items in that area.

I think the shutter with old blue paint is a perfect solution for your bucket bench. It creates a perfect table type area under the window. Love it all!

...all is grace!

Mom said...

I love your pantry with a window and that charming and practical blue shutter/shelf and your collections! Great photo too.

Pam said...

Love the color of your old shutter! Your pantry has that great blend of being functional and very attractive. I bet you'll really use that extra surface area the shutter provides.

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam :: The new surface has evolved into an out-of-sight place to put all the paperwork that needs to go to my attic filing cabinet or to the shredder up there. So far, it is working beautifully to keep my farm table in the kitchen from being the dumping ground it was until now. Every now and then a stroke of brilliance makes my life better. I am going to tackle my vestibule next.
xo, Rosemary

The Queen Vee said...

I loved what Pam said," functional and attractive." I have a small pantry with no window, it's more like a closet. Your pantry is like Aladdin's cave, it's bursting with treasures and eye candy. The color of your shutter shelf is delicious. Peeks inside your cottage are always a treat.