Thursday, April 9, 2020

Lady's Mantle and Before Weeding Grape Hyacinths

Lady's mantle is lovely this time of year and especially with raindrops. The scalloped edges look as if they were cut with the pinking shears and they catch the droplets too.

This is a before photo of the edging I did by hand on my hands and knees with clippers that operate like big scissors. My poor grape hyacinths were in danger of getting choked out. It looks a lot better now and I will put down fresh woodchips around the two shrubs that no longer have leaves underneath to hold in the moisture. A hired landscaper would have whacked everything down to the bare earth in no time but I like my way better and it took hours. 

I baked sourdough oatmeal bread today and it it's delicious. I will post a photo and the recipe tomorrow. xo

No comments: