Saturday, July 27, 2019

BREATHE: True Story Movie with Claire Foy + Andrew Garfield

My blog is turning into a movie review site. I couldn't find anything interesting to watch on TV last night so Kanopy came to the rescue again with a fabulous movie with Claire Foy (The Crown). Just seeing that she was in it made me want to watch and I'm so glad I did. It's the love story of all time and every frame is true. The son of the couple is the producer of the film so it is partly his biography too.

After contracting polio at the age of 28, Robin Cavendish is confined to bed and given only months to live. But with the help of his wife Diana and her twin brothers, and the groundbreaking ideas of inventor Teddy Hall (played by Hugh Bonneville), Cavendish emerges from the hospital ward and devotes the rest of his life to helping fellow patients and the disabled. Click here find 8 videos about the film and the official movie trailer.

Google images has many photos of the real Cavendish Family

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful. thank you!!! xo

Lisa D. said...

Please keep posting movie reviews, Rosemary. What with network television being what it is, and the fact that there are so few feature films that I care to see, a good movie recommendation is always welcome. I'm even disappointed in Netflix. I wanted to watch a movie on it recently because I missed it at the theater, but it's no longer available via streaming.

I'm anxiously awaiting the Downton Abbey movie, which I believe is coming this Autumn. Do you happen to know when the new season of The Crown is starting?

Content in a Cottage said...

lisa -- Season 3 of THE CROWN on Netflix is upcoming, the second half of 2019. I will renew my subscription then. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

tammy j -- You will love this movie!!!!!
xo, Rosemary

Betty said...

Oh Rosemary, i just watch Breathe. Such a good movie!

Teri said...

Love your tastes in movies! Keep posting the reviews, they are wonderful.

Content in a Cottage said...

Betty -- I am glad to hear you liked this movie too. I thought it was an amazing true story. I did some research and found out he lived for another 35 years.
xo, Rosemary