Sunday, March 3, 2019

Oscar Winning Documentary on NatGeo Tonight

I watched the Oscars this year all the way to the finish and saw this film win Best Documentary Feature. The preview intrigued me as I am fearful of heights. I can't even climb a ladder to clean my first floor gutters much less scale a vertical rock with no rope. That's what Free Soloing is -- rock climbing without a rope. I don't expect many of you will be interested in this film but maybe you can share with someone who might enjoy a free showing. This documentary appeared in theaters in 2018. The photo above is a screen shot from my phone via my Verizon FiOS app. Your channel number for the National Geographic channel will probably be different. 


{ click photo to enlarge }
IMPORTANT: Set your DVR tonight for this -- the final episode of VICTORIA, Season 3 on PBS. I'm looking forward to seeing Albert's project: The Crystal Palace in Hyde Park for the Grand International Exhibition of 1851. I will be so sad to see this series go. This is the last season Albert was in every episode. Sniff. Sniff.

4 comments:

JudyMac said...

Thanks, Rosemary, for the tip. I want to see this program and I do get NatGeo. Hope you don’t get overloaded with snow tonight.

Content in a Cottage said...

JudyMac -- I want to see the award winning documentary too. I am so happy it's on a channel that comes with my basic cable as I don't subscribe to any streaming services that require a monthly fee. I am waiting until the new season of The Crown begins before renewing Netflix. The Governor has declared a State of Emergency for New Jersey but I think my area is slated to get only about 3 inches of new snow tonight. Fingers crossed!
xo, Rosemary

Chris said...

I love Victoria...will be sorry (as always) to see the season end. I will watch it sometime this week. Glad we had the season with Albert and they have mended their relationship.
I just want to you to know I enjoy your blog very much-thanks for sharing !

The Queen Vee said...

Yes, sad to see Albert go as the story moves on, it was even sadder for the real Queen Victoria. Victoria has been a delight to watch even though the two main roles are portrayed by much, much better looking people than the originals.

In a month PBS will start showing the BBC 6 p-art adaption of Les Miserables, I'm very excited about that.

I'm skipping the climbing movie, my boys did that for a while and it scared me a great deal. I get too stressed watching people climb even when they are using gear and not free climbing. My Chris took a 50 foot fall and that ended the climbing.