Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Leather Buttons

This is probably a tailor's sample but I love this idea. If you have buttons that are similar but the colors are different, why not use them on a garment you are sewing? Make the buttonholes in different colors too, to match the buttons. via
I have temps above freezing and the sun is shining brightly this morning but the sky will cloud over this afternoon. I must deal with my car's frozen front windshield and my front walk. Be careful if you have ice. xo

5 comments:

Mama Pea said...

The button treatment is elegant!

More snow than ice here although the predicted storm for yesterday went south of us. Saves a day of plowing and shoveling today! Be careful on the ice, dear Rosemary.

Content in a Cottage said...

Mama Pea -- It was easier than I thought. I pushed the icebergs off my walk while my car interior was warming up with the defroster. The front of my car was completely frozen but it came off in big chunks too and then I moved my car into a spot with full sun to defrost the roof.
xo, Rosemary

jusaweecatnap said...

I love the button/buttonhole idea. I love the fabric, too. Never occurred to me to mix colors. As for the windshield issue, sometimes we throw a piece of heavy plastic over the windshield in anticipation of ice or snow. Either will slide off the plastic pretty easily. Just need to anchor it with weights. I also use it on the steps. Yep, it looks a little funny, but it makes dealing with clearing the steps off really easy. I'm always afraid I'll slip and fall on icy steps. I noticed some tiny leaves poking up in the latest snow. Won't be long.

Susan said...

I didn't know that they still make leather buttons. I love them!

The Queen Vee said...

Do be careful. Sorry to hear that it is cold and icy at your cottage. We've had rain and snow, a little warmer this week but forecast calls for colder temps and more snow next week.