Friday, October 5, 2018

TV: Penelope Keith's Hidden Villages (in England)


If you cannot see the video above, click here.

My Georgia friend Judy, aka JudyMac, told me several months ago to be on the lookout for this series on PBS. I checked but my three PBS stations in New Jersey had not yet signed up for it. I watched the previews and knew I would love it. It finally came my way several Friday nights ago at 8pm and luckily I discovered it just in time to watch Episode 1 of Season 2. My area did not get it in time to show Season 1 but that's okay. I absolutely love it and you will too. I found this complete episode on YouTube. I know it's on Acorn TV in addition to PBS and you can purchase the series on DVD. Check your listings. My programming is being shown on WLIW channel 21 or 521 on my FiOS. I understand Dame Penelope Keith was in "To The Manor Born" but I don't recall ever having watched that three-season series back in 1979-81. The entire series is available on YouTube here.

You are Welcome. Thank you all once again for all the comments you have been leaving. It's very heartwarming to know I have such a fan base.
PS: Thanks for all the clicks too! xo

6 comments:

The Queen Vee said...

For sure my little PBS station in Utah will not be showing this. I guess I'll sign up again for a month of ACORN tv and binge watch Hidden Villages. Thanks for the recommendation to both you and Judy in Georgia.

Lisa D. said...

Hi Rosemary. I LOVE Penelope Keith's series, but I've been watching re-runs of Downton Abbey on Friday evenings at 8:00 - (can't seem to get enough Downton Abbey!) I get several PBS stations here in the SF/Bay Area, so I can pick her up on another station. But you're right - she is terrific.

mia said...

Thank you! Love this. I remember PK from "Manor" so many years ago. She's aged well. It strikes me that I've been so lucky all my life to have so many BBC shows to keep me entertained. A happy place to go to, just as your blog posts are a reliably cheerful respite, however briefly, each day. Far from the madding crowd, as it were. In fact, you are our Penelope Keith, quietly and cheerfully pointing out the lovely things in life, reminding us there is tranquility to be found.

Pat said...

I love Penelope Keith. She has such a zest for living. She has a knack for interacting with people of all walks of life. Great show...wish there were more episodes. They leave me feeling uplifted and are a wonderful escape.

Karen said...

Penelope Keith is an excellent guide in this series! I've always been a fan anyway ('Good Neighbors back in the 70s , 'To the Manor Born' and 'No Job for a Lady' (she's an MP!) - she is just a delight in anything it seems. I now have Acorn TV - it is worth every penny:)

Bobby said...

Thank you so much for this link. That was delightful.