Monday, October 1, 2018

Pumpkin Season is Here

It's here. I see pumpkins on doorsteps already but few colors in the leaves in my area. via

Halloween decorations are starting to appear too. I made this greeting from an image I photographed from my Royal Book of Crests and added the seasonal text. I saved it to my phone so I can text it to friends later in the month. I really wouldn't want a bat on my family crest or coat of arms, would you? But this little bat has a very friendly face and is rather cute when all the other bats on the antiquarian book page were pretty scary. Happy Halloween! xo

5 comments:

Linda said...

Oh, this is a friendly bat perfect ambassador for one of my favorite seasons/holidays. Just returned from southern VT where at higher elevations leaves were turning before our eyes and everywhere pumpkins dotted porches. Did all that we could to drag autumn southward with us. Not quite "there" as yet. But, there is a distinct change in the air, light, and temp contrast from day to night. It's close and I truly am excited. Today, I shall buy a pumpkin.
Happy Day to you, Rosemary.

Content in a Cottage said...

Linda -- How nice to hear you have already seen a preview of what's to come your way. I am ready for fall too and after the cleanup comes the winter nesting I love so much. Happy pumpkin hunting and Happy Day to you too, Linda.
xo, Rosemary

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely to see the Autumn (Fall) colours and the pumpkins :)

All the best Jan

Pam said...

Glorious colors in your pumpkin pic! Our leaves haven't started turning yet...just can't wait!

The Queen Vee said...

Due to the fact that I watched 4 granddaughters for past 9 days I put all my All Hallows Eve decor up almost two weeks ago. I think I must be nuts but I so love October, pumpkins, crisp cooler weather (which believe me is so highly welcomed this year), the leaves changing, crisp apples...FALL.

Your Bat graphic is cheerful, that little fellow is jumping for joy...I think your friends will love getting him in a text when they least expect it.