Monday, September 3, 2018

RBG MOVIE -- TONIGHT ON CNN 9PM


If you cannot see the YouTube video above click here.
I missed this movie when it played for a very short time near me. Several people who saw it said it was wonderful and I am excited about seeing it tonight on CNN at 9PM. Check your tv guide for times in your area.

Kalman visits with Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

"I think, move over Jane Austen as my imaginary best friend forever. Make room for Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who would have gone to my high school for music, if her parents had let her. Whose favorite artist is Matisse. (I rest my case.) Who went on to study law because she wanted to combat the forces of injustice (McCarthyism) and graduated tied for first in her class at Columbia Law School, but could not get hired as a lawyer."


Maira Kalman loves Ruth. She wrote an article in the NYTimes called "And the Pursuit of Happiness" - The three illustrations above are from MAY IT PLEASE THE COURT.

H A P P Y   L A B O R   D A Y !

UPDATE: This movie is being repeated on Sunday 9/9/18 on CNN. Check your guide for times in your area. In my area (New York Metropolitan) it is being rebroadcast twice. At 8PM and 10PM. This information comes from Vickie H and it's on in her area at 9PM.

Yay. So many of you missed it and will have another opportunity to see it. Free is good. You will love. Thanks again Vickie ! ! !

11 comments:

Gail, northern California said...

Thank you so much for the information about RBG. I know I won't be able to stay awake but, thanks to you, I've got it set to record at 9 pm.

I wanted to see this movie when it was first released, but ours is such a rural area, it never reached us. Period.

Pam said...

Rosemary, thanks for reminding us of this show. I saw an advertisement, but got busy...you know how life goes. I recorded it and can't wait to watch it.

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- I stayed up last night to watch it and I recorded it too in case I want to watch it again. I loved it ! ! !
xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Gail, northern California -- Gail, I can't get enough of RBG! I loved the movie last night and you will too. I stayed up to watch it and it's on my DVR too. "You can't spell TRUTH without RUTH." She is an inspiration in so many ways. Enjoy!
xo, Rosemary

Gail, northern California said...

I, too, watched it last night, as well as, recording it. I thought, "Well, I'll just watch a few minutes." Next thing I knew it was over. I enjoyed every minute. I wouldn't mind watching it again.

I liked Gloria Steinam's realization that RBG was telling her, "You have the US Constitution backing you."

Although she felt compelled to apologize later, it was with some measure of comfort knowing how she feels about the current president. I'm not crazy.

Content in a Cottage said...

Gail, northern California -- Gail, I am glad to hear you liked it too. RBG is small but mighty. I loved the part about her twice weekly workouts with a trainer in the gym. She is an amazing woman. I thought her clothes over her lifetime were beautiful and I kept wondering when she had time to shop. She must have had personal shoppers in various fine retail stores.
xo, Rosemary

Anonymous said...

oh no! a wonderful reminder that I am not seeing until today.
my email system is so slow. actually a day late always.
but I loved the Maira Kalman link! I love her! and have long admired RBG!
so individual in the historical land of 'giants'... she stands tall.
I liked Maira's remarks on sitting in on the court itself! well. and her wonderful drawings!

Content in a Cottage said...

tammy j -- Oh, Tammy. I should have posted about the RBG movie earlier. So sorry you missed it. If I find that it is being repeated, I will post about it. YouTube has a number of lengthy interviews with RBG. I find her fascinating and have watch many of them. The movie was excellent. I hope you will get to see it one day.
xo, Rosemary

annette said...

Thanks for the reminder! I seem to be late to the party but I will see RBG soon as it is still in the movie theaters.xo

Vickie H. said...

Rosemary, my husband has our DVR set for this Sunday evening on CNN when this movie will run again @ 9 PM. I believe that date is Sept 9th. We are in the Central time zone so it could be different for others! Thank you so much for letting us know. Cannot wait!

Content in a Cottage said...

Vickie H -- YES......I cannot thank you enough. I just checked my FiOS online and RBG is playing twice in my area on Sunday night 9/9 in the New York metropolitan area. At 8PM and 10PM on CNN. My followers will love hearing this. So many have commented they missed on 9/3.
Thank you SO MUCH.
xo, Rosemary