Thursday, September 27, 2018

Gorgeous Bedroom

This room is perfection. I love the painted floor and the rug that looks like a sweater. The artwork on the walls is gorgeous, the side table is lovely, the bed is spectacular, the chair is beautiful as is the upholstered headboard. It all works so nicely together. Found here.

UPDATE: I decided to search the original source for the first photo and found it was the Southhampton bedroom of Tory Burch. Here is another view. Isn't it lovely?

Lee Radziwill’s former Fifth Avenue bedroom, via the July/August 1975 issue of Architectural Digest. The central theme is Colfax and Fowler's classic chintz called Fuscia. The botanical prints are also a theme. Somehow Tory Burch found a very similar rug and duplicated this floor with a painted version.

You are in for a treat. There are so many more photos of rooms with this chintz fabric to study and love here. ENJOY!!!
xo

6 comments:

Vickie H. said...

Just went down THAT rabbit hole....sweet trip. Thank you for sharing! So lovely!

Content in a Cottage said...

Vickie H. -- Glad you enjoyed the trip. I did too.
xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

Well girls, to use Vickie's terms, I went down the rabbit hole several times because there was SO MANY lovely details in every single picture. Fabulous!

Penelope Bianchi said...

Oh, heavenly! Both those floors are painted, and I love them. The framed copperplates are from the same person too. I used to remember who! When it flies back in my head, I'll tell you!
Such a great link!

Lee Radizwill had the chintz in rose and pink, Tory in blue. I love them both! And the chair pointing backward!

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- I loved Vickie H's term too. That Rabbit Hole is going to be one of my favorite haunts for a very long time. Glad you went down too!
xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Penelope Bianchi -- Penny, I just found a blog post from the New York Times featuring Lee Radziwill in her Paris apartment.
https://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/07/the-real-lee-radziwill/?ref=womens-fashion
She had all of the framed copperplates there too in a large group over her sofa.

I adore this Lee Radziwill quote from the Architectural Digest article about her New York City Apartment:
"You see, my design philosophy is essentially European,” she says. “I abhor the American idea of starting with a tabula rasa every few years and getting rid of everything. When I buy something, I do so with the intention of keeping it forever. I'm constantly falling in love with objects, and they follow me around the world.”
https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/lee-radziwill-new-york-apartment

Penny, You always know so many details about the classic interiors thanks to your long decorating career and you always share your knowledge with us. Thank you so much for your frequent comments.
xo, Rosemary