Thursday, August 30, 2018

Art Gallery in A Master Bath

What an amazing space. This master bath is a real sanctuary full of wonderful nautical artwork and antiques. The architecture is wonderful too. I love the clerestory window in its own dormered nook instead of a skylight. The floors are wooden, all the walls are shiplap boards, and I don't see any tile at all. The owners must be sailors and want to be reminded of their boat while at home. I love what they've done to showcase their collections in such a clever, tasteful way.

Stay cool as we enjoy the last week of August going into the Labor Day Weekend. xo

8 comments:

Linda Sand said...

I think that bathroom is as big as our living room! It makes me wonder about the rest of the house and feel glad that I don't have to clean it. :)

Content in a Cottage said...

Linda Sand -- That thought never crossed my mind. That huge room would be a challenge to clean but I'm sure the owners don't do it. Enjoy the long Labor Day Weekend.
xo, Rosemary

Penelope Bianchi said...

I think it was formerly a bedroom! How clever to make such a large and comfortable bathroom! I wouldn't even mind cleaning it! Spread out things have few "dustcatchers! (As my Auntie Clare used to say!)

Content in a Cottage said...

Penelope Bianchi -- Penny, How clever of you to think of this possibility. I think you're right and I love your Auntie Clare's quote about the dustcatchers.
xo, Rosemary

Vickie H. said...

I love every nook and cranny of this spectacular space! Thanks for sharing and happy Labor Day!

The Queen Vee said...

It's a fascinating bathroom; I too love that upper dormer window. It may not be as large as it appears as often photographed rooms look larger than they actually are. How wonderful to have such a fine collection of art for a bathroom and lovely to view it all as you take a long soak in the tub. I love the towel holders next to the sinks.

Content in a Cottage said...

Vickie H. -- I'm happy to hear you share my enthusiasm for every nook and cranny of this amazing master bath too. Enjoy the long holiday weekend.
xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

The Queen Vee: Victoria, I had to look again to zero in on the towel holders you mentioned. They even put antique Adirondack baskets under each one to act as laundry baskets for wet towels. No detail was overlooked. Have a nice Labor Day weekend with your family.
xo, Rosemary