Thursday, June 28, 2018

Bluff View Cottage with Floor Plans

Bluff View Cottage: This lap sided, tin roofed Low Country Cottage is designed to maximize views from the Screened Porch running the length of the rear of the house. A deep Front Porch leads into the Foyer, which holds the Stairway on the right, the Dining Room on the left and the Living Room straight ahead. The Kitchen opens into the Family Room, which has a large fireplace and access to the rear Screened Porch. The Master Bedroom, with its own fireplace and full Master Bath accommodations, also opens onto the rear Screened Porch. Three Bedrooms, each with its own bath, and a Playroom are located on the second floor. The Lower Level provides space for a two-car garage, a Billiards/Game Room and Recreation Room with a wet-bar and bath. Its Covered Terrace is accessible from each of the rear facing rooms.



Click on any image to enlarge.

9 comments:

Linda Sand said...

It's a lovely house but way too big for my tastes.

annette said...

I am in complete agreement with Linda Sand.Way too big and how is it classified a "cottage"? I'm confused about size and the term.

Penelope Bianchi said...

I think it qualifies for the description as a cottage because of its proportions. It is a house that can accommodate a family of 3 children comfortably; and when they are grown,be a comfortable home for a couple. The upstairs can be expecting visiting married children with their children. this is a genius house for an entire lifetime. I do know a few people who now, in their old age, still live in their family homes. a gift.
This is a rare "lifetime house"; and its coziness and perfect proportions sure qualify it as a "cottage" to me! (I have been a busy and successful decorator for 49 years now; so I kind of think I know a thing or two!)

Content in a Cottage said...

Penelope Bianchi -- Penny, Thank you for your insight. I think we should rename it "Lifetime Cottage"
xo, Rosemary

Linda said...

I agree, Penelope and Rosemary, "lifetime" cottage.
I have clicked into the first floor numerous times . . . love the layout, foyer with stair cases off to the side, powder rooms tucked discreetly near front entrance and off the kitchen area, pantry, fireplaces, abundant windows, separate dining room . . . EVERYTHING
we never will move/fun to dream

The Queen Vee said...

Terrific floor pan, I know I would be happy to live in it. I think it's about the same size as the cottages depicted in my two favorite versions of Sense and Sensibility. Penelope your analysis of this floor plan is spot on!

JudyMac said...

The big drawing card for me would be, of course, the screened in porch, and the entire first floor would be entirely adequate for a single person of a certain age who does not need stairs to climb. 😊

Content in a Cottage said...

JUDYMAC -- Judy, I love that long screened in porch across the back that you can access from the master bedroom, and all the other rooms on the rear except the kitchen which open onto the deck. But there's a door on the deck leading to the screen porch. With careful placement on the lot, the back of the house would get the morning sun and be shady in the afternoon in order to enjoy cool evenings on that porch.
The first floor is completely self sufficient, without the need to go upstairs when older. I would have a sewing room up there.
xo, Rosemary

Penelope Bianchi said...

JudyMac
I totally agree! A single person or a couple of a certain age! MY age, in fact! With a husband who just had a knee replacement! One floor is major important!