Friday, January 6, 2017

Staffordshire Lamp: Thrift Shop Find

This delightful pair of Royals wearing Prince of Wales Feathers in their hats were waiting for me yesterday when I popped into a thrift shop to drop off some donations. I put this photo on Instagram yesterday.

It amuses me that my iPhone tried to do face recognition on the man. Don't you love the little dog the girl is holding? So happy. I bought a pair of blue silk shades ages ago at a house sale and finally found the proper base for one. The proportions are absolutely perfect too.

5 comments:

One Charlotte Court said...

Adorable! It couldn't have found a better home.

Doris Petersen said...

These lamps are beautiful, and the shades are perfect. 👌Great find Rosemary!

JudyMac said...

Love it!

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

What a find Rosemary - this must be the best thrift shop on earth ha ha!
Happy New Year!
Shane

The Queen Vee said...

Cracked me up about the iPhone recognition...hahahaha. Makes this purchase even better, that handsome devil, even our phone couldn't resist him.