Saturday, October 13, 2012

Mahogany Planter Boxes

I was so excited when I spotted this pair of hand-made mahogany planters with string inlay at a rummage sale recently. They have custom zinc liners that are removable too. They cleaned up nicely and I finished them with a coat of Butchers Wax.


I have no idea how long these johnny jump ups will last in the house but it's nice having them in my kitchen for even a short while. They came in my Easter Basket this year. 

Henry went home and Webster is sound asleep after a busy day babysitting and playing. [my photos]

6 comments:

The Queen Vee said...

I have a little pot of these growing on my front porch, I wish they would last all year round. I pretty much kill everything I bring inside. You seemed to be multi-talented Rosemary. I think you can do anything you set your heart to do.

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

Beautiful find and cute flowers.

Hope you and webster are enjoying the weekend, Elizabeth

Stacey Snacks said...

I love these planters too! Great find!

Vicki said...

Stylish planters.

Garden, Home and Party said...

I love Johnny Jump-ups, I don't think they last every long in my house, but it's fun the few days that they do and then I plant them outdoors. Your wooden planters are really a great find. So cute.
Karen

tammy j said...

how did i miss this?
i like the whole feel of the first picture. its mellow light is lovely. and nice find!
and johhny jumpups an old fashioned favorite!