Wednesday, February 24, 2010

So Wanting To Do This

I love these flowers in jars and bottles on the deep windowsill, don't you. I say this after reading the latest weather report predicting 17" of snow at my house accompanied by 70mph winds. Time to batten down the hatches, bring in more fire wood and put the covers over my head.

I'm blaming this bizarre weather on the animal activists who wanted to replace the groundhog in Pennsylvania with a robotic version. This is surely Punxsutawney Phil's revenge. Well, it could be the reason.



Content in a Cottage

Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

5 comments:

Theresa said...

I love displaying flowers like that too. Love the image. Darn those robots! The much needed rain has been here for weeks, but when my family was here it was beautiful. I can't complain. Theresa

Tracy Watier said...

This photo makes me want to plant cosmos and tickseed in my garden even though I said "no more messy plants!" and ripped everything out of the back garden a few weeks ago. After I did that, I thought "that was stupid" because now what am I going to cut for the house? All I have left are lilies and roses... no cute wildflowers. I need to make up my mind!

Millie said...

I had to read your post twice Rosemary, until the bit about '17 inches of snow' sunk into my brain! Stay at home, stay warm & for goodness sake, stay calm!
Millie ^_^

Gal Friday said...

*sigh* THat makes me long for summer so much(those are the flowers I grow in my little garden!)
We only have relentless rain here, a raging sea(the waves were huge) and the ground is mucky and muddy(and the basement at work is flooded!). Still...I would take what we have over the 17 inches(!!!!) of predicted snow coming your way.

Marilyn said...

Oh goodness, that's bad news. Hope you've had time to prepare. We are told that the snow will be just a trace, but the winds will be wicked. They are predicting power outages. They expect the trees to fall down, because of the soggy soil. Have we had enough yet....? YES!
Take care and keep Webster close by. We'll see you on the other side of the storm.
Love the flowers....