Wednesday, February 24, 2010

DIY Laundry Drying Rack

I recently blogged about absolutely loving this laundry room.

Laundry drying rack from Ballard Designs.

DIY laundry drying rack folded flat.

DIY rack shown with bracket to hold it open.

Knobs along the bottom are perfect for drying things on hangers.

Complete DIY instructions from Centsational Girl for making your own at huge savings. Construct several while you are at it in different sizes. I'd like to have one in my bathroom.

I've been saving this on my desktop for ages and am running out of room. Now I can delete it. Let me know if talk someone in your family into making one for you or if you make it yourself. Martha would already be half finished in the time it has taken you to read this. :-)



Content in a Cottage

Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

5 comments:

Sue said...

That laundry room is wonderful....almost "restful". And I've seen those racks-how clever. I'd love to have one. I use one of those old floor ones....handy, but not nearly as stylish. So, what is it that is stopping us from getting one of these??
:D

ChampagneMaker said...

OMG! Thanks for the Ballard Design link! Or should this go on the honey-do list for Jeff to build?! LOVE IT!

Sue Hall said...

How clever is that ?! I saw the laundry rooms before but must have been asleep not noticing the drying racks . I have created a tiny laundry space in my tiny cottage- ANY space saving ideas are very welcome . I'll definitely be making one of those ! Thanks .
Sue - from France

Camille said...

What a brilliant idea for any laundry room, but especially for space deprived apartments! My father loves to woodwork & this will be a great project for him, with me being the grateful recipient! The background behind the fold-out hanging bars could be wallpapered or covered with beautiful fabric. I have a wall in my bathroom that could house this unit & could be made the width of the studs so it could be secured to withstand the weight of heavier items! You find the most wonderful things for us to see...thanks for sharing!

jedick9019 said...

Any ideas how much this project costs? Thanks!