Friday, February 26, 2010

An Amazing Tiny Cottage

Nantucket? Don't you love this amazing tiny cottage with roses climbing on the roof? I'd love to peek inside but I'd probably never want to leave. Totally charming. I can almost smell the sea air.

Happy Friday. Hope you are safe and warm wherever you are. I'll be doing Olympic shoveling throughout the day. See you later, Rosemary.

Update: I found an article in an old Architectural Digest about this very cottage. Read more...


via

Content in a Cottage

Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

They really can grow roses out there on the island. Hydrangea too! So beautiful to see.

wendyytb said...

I think that this would be all anyone would ever really need....

Susan Freeman said...

Is that cottage on Nantucket? I want to peek inside too. I love the small cottages that used to be built in summer places. So much more charming than the mini mansions constructed today. To me the ideal get away place has no big screen TV. It would have a hammock, good books, the New York Times, a basket full of tennis rackets, scrabble and some other board games. A place full of love and treasured memories where ones goes to restore the soul.

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Gal Friday said...

That is definitely a cottage somewhere on Cape Cod--so lovely, with the roses growing all over it and the classic white picket fence.

You got hit with the snow again--it's not fair for you!!(we got off easy with just rain here)

jean said...

Oh my! Do I ever love tiny cottages!! Especially with roses!!