Friday, August 29, 2008

Pssst! Long Weekend Ahead ~ Pass It On . . .

The long Labor Day weekend is getting off to a damp start here in New Jersey. We need the rain so I am not complaining. The wet grass will keep me from 'laboring' outside and I am very thankful. I love a rainy day; it gives me permission to play inside without guilt! I am not off the hook entirely as it might clear up later.

I grew up with Norman Rockwell covers on the Saturday Evening Post and 'The Gossip' is one of my favorites.

2 comments:

Gal Friday said...

I thought the very same thing this morning when I saw it was going to be overcast--
"hooray!" -a day to have an excuse to stay inside and do those indoors things the summer sunshine won't let you. :-)

I remember the telephone book once had that very same Rockwell illustration on it's cover(going back a few years, at least)

Content in a Cottage said...

gal friday...I love your new portrait! It's nice to know that someone else enjoys a rainy day. Enjoy the last weekend of summer...Rosemary