Saturday, July 19, 2008

Versailles in the North of England


Alnwick Garden at Alnwick Castle in Northumberland.

There was the most wonderful article in the New York Times on 7/17 about the controversial 14-acre garden(s) at Alnwick Castle. This was the site of Hogwarts School in the first two Harry Potter movies. The Duchess of Northumberland known as Jane Percy is scheduled to visit Long Island, NY and speak to the Southampton Garden Club on August 22nd. This promises to be quite an event for the garden lover, landscape architect, designer, and socialite. I won't be there.


2 comments:

Pigtown*Design said...

Wasn't this the BEST article! I haven't been there, but managed to get to tons of other gardens, especially in Wales and the Costwolds, when I lived over there!

Anonymous said...

I've never been there either but if I ever cross the pond again, I am heading straight for Alynwick Castle and Garden! I have subscribed to pigtown-design on my Google RSS reader and look forward to your future postings!