Friday, November 17, 2023

Pet Sitting -- Meet Max 🐾🐾 + Thrifting Find

I am dogsitting Max for the first time. Missy died recently and Max is the new dog in town. I am enjoying him and he's enjoying being at my house. He's behaving wonderfully and his owner won't believe it. At his home he is a one-dog demolition crew and chews everything he can get his teeth around. All because he's bored. I have given him lots of attention and we have been on countless walks. I have things on all surfaces but he hasn't tried to chew one thing! He likes having the tv on nonstop too. 

Another pose.


He has been ravenous too because of all the walks. He is a Pincher mix and is a small/medium size under 40 pounds. He's very strong too and I am determined to teach him how to walk on a relaxed leash. I think he is part dachshund according to the adoption place but who knows. He never barks and I like that. I have only heard him once. I put him in his crate in order to be able to write this post. He doesn't mind because he has one in his owner's truck and home. I will put him in again for overnight. 

 

Thrifting find yesterday: An art pottery dish by Margaret Wozniak signed and dated 2007. Size 9" x 8-1/2" has hanging wire on back too. ($7.00)
Stamped with her seal.


The back.


One of her series called Greater Angels.

I love it and found out more about the artist on her website.
https://www.margaretwozniakceramics.com/
She has an Etsy shop too. Here.
Don't you love her work?

Wish me luck with Max for the next few days.
xo

15 comments:

Content in a Cottage said...

NEW POST FRIDAY 11/17 AT 4:50PM
Pet sitting Max, a new dog plus a thrifting find.
Enjoy.
xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

Max sounds like a good companion. I'm sure he loves all the activity you're providing him. What a great thrift find! And the price was certainly right! I hope you have a good weekend, Rosemary.

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- He's curled up in a circle sleeping on the dog bed in the living room. Pretty soon I will put him in the crate and tuck in myself. Thankfully we are having mild weather with only a sweater required and maybe a vest. Having a pet is quite a challenge in really cold weather and rainy days. All good weather is predicted for his entire stay and that makes me happy. Pam, have a good weekend too. I'm very happy with my thrift shop find. xo, Rosemary

Debbie said...

Max is adorable enjoy! What a beautiful find as well. I love thrift shopping at my favorite places. Have a wonderful weekend!

Tasha T said...

Max looks a lovely dog and is certainly making himself at home. I guess you both enjoy each other's company. I love your thrift shop find and I must confess that I had not heard of Margaret Wozniak so checked out her website and Etsy shop. I love her designs and am thinking of treating myself to a Christmas present!
I hope you and Max have a good weekend.

Content in a Cottage said...

Debbie -- I only shop at Thrift and Charity shops and I'm glad you like my latest find. Max is a fun guest for a few days. Hope you have a great weekend too. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Tasha T -- Yes, Max and I are enjoying each other's company very much. I had not heard of Margaret Wozniak either but loved the art ceramic dish and the way it was signed and stamped. I was not disappointed with my Internet search for her lovely creations. I am happy to hear you like her too and might be purchasing one of her works for yourself. Enjoy what's left of the weekend. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Tasha T -- I found another link for Margaret Wozniak's work with some stunning pieces. No prices. I think you have to inquire with the representative.
http://otayinc.com
http://otayinc.com/projects/margaret-wozniak/
xo, Rosemary

Kathy said...

Lucky dog! So wonderful for your friend that you are willing to take such good care of Max! And wonderful for you, too, because you can occasionally have the company of such a good dog. Such a great thrift find. I always enjoy seeing what you find at the thrift and charity shops. Your home is lovely!

Content in a Cottage said...

Kathy -- Max and I are both lucky. I will be sending him back as a better dog if he remembers how nice it feels to be a good dog.
Part of the fun of thrifting is researching a purchase after getting home and finding it has value. In my case it was fun seeing more of the amazing works by Margaret Wozniak giving me greater appreciation for my find. So glad to hear you like my home. Have a great Thanksgiving next week. xo, Rosemary

Gail, northern California said...

I just finished a two-week dog-sitting stint for friends while they vacationed on the Yucatan Peninsula. A sweet little miniature Dachshund named Lilli. I was very grateful she's trained to sleep in her carrier night times. It's her little B&B away from home and her blankets smell like my friends so that's additional comfort for her. Kind of you to do this for your friend.

Tasha T said...

Thank you for the link to more of Margaret Wozniak's work, Rosemary. The pieces shown, which I think are currently on sale, are gorgeous.
I hope you've had a good weekend.

Content in a Cottage said...

Tasha T -- You're welcome. I just wanted to share this artist's talent. So glad you enjoyed looking. xo, Rosemary

Azigay said...

I love Max's posing!

Content in a Cottage said...

Azigay -- Thank you. I'll be sure to tell him🐾🐾♡
xo, Rosemary