Tuesday, November 29, 2022

A Video of Birds Feeding on The Stump

 I made a video of the birds feeding here and posted it as a Reel on Instagram. I think it's on a loop and keeps repeating itself but I'm not sure. It starts out like the photo above, zooms in in the middle, and ends with a long view like you see in the still photo above. Watch it HERE.
My handyman stopped by today to clean my gutters just in time for tomorrow's 90% chance of rain and big wind. He's the one that flattened the rod and screwed the weathervane on the stump. He was very pleased the birds liked his handiwork. My tree man liked the video too.
xo

4 comments:

Tasha T said...

I love this idea of re-using a tree stump for the birds and I guess they're the same birds which once sat in the branches.

Content in a Cottage said...

Tasha T -- I was never aware of birds in that tree but I'm sure these are the same birds. It was a hard decision to cut it down but it was diseased with a Chestnut weevil. The huge tree was overhanging my house even though I had it trimmed back several times. It was always dropping something to stain my balcony flooring, cover my roof shingles, and clog my gutters no matter what the season. The pricker balls were the worst, covering my driveway. The chestnuts were inedible because of the weevil larvae inside them. Even the squirrels wouldn't eat the nuts. I honestly don't miss the tree at all but am enjoying the stump, the weathervane, and the platform bird feeder. xo, Rosemary

Kelley said...

The joys of recycling + the pleasures of nature... I love what you've done with this! I am mighty envious of your weathervane, and its inspired placement on the stump. As always, thank you for sharing.

Content in a Cottage said...

Kelley -- I never wanted to nail the Leaping Stag on the roof of my house because I couldn't see it and I was afraid nailing it would cause roof leaks so it has been stored in my garage loft for 20 years. I am thrilled with its new use and the birds love it. Some dive in directly on the stump and other birds land on the deer or the directionals first. It's located opposite the window that is to the left of my kitchen sink and stove so I am there a lot to enjoy it. Glad you like it too. xo, Rosemary