Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Black Basalt Teapot + My Neti Pot


There is an unintentional selfie in the mirror. The spout of this black basalt teapot looks as if it has dust on the spout but in person it doesn't. This photo was taken in my kitchen Wednesday after dark without a flash. My teapot is quite small and I've always liked it. I have been doctoring myself with lots of liquids since late Sunday night when I felt a sore throat coming on. I started right away with the Neti Pot and gargling with diluted Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar and I can report success today. I am almost cured. I think you can nip a cold in the bud if you start treating it right away. Green tea with mint was my favorite hot drink followed by hot apple cider. 

It's time to say goodbye to November and hello to December tomorrow. It rained all day and I was so happy to hear all of my gutters running nicely down all the downspouts. I put on my rain slicker and went outside to check them all. I am so happy my handyman thought to clean them yesterday. It was the perfect time, not too cold, and all the leaves are off all the trees. So my gutters are all set until a spring cleaning. 

I finished The Last Detective and I am now watching 
Season Two of HOPE STREET on BritBox.

See you tomorrow. xo

UPDATE: Here is a photo of my neti pot and salt.


The plastic neti pot was from CVS and the Himalayan Institute salt and measuring spoon set was purchased at Whole Foods years ago.

To see a YouTube video demonstration, click HEREWorked for me. My sore throat that turned into a runny nose was nipped in the bud before it moved to my chest.
xo

15 comments:

Pam said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling well, Rosemary, but it sounds as though you have the upper hand now. What did we do before Neti pots???

It's sure fun to see the birds eating at their new feeding spot. They seem happy.

Take good care of yourself, Rosemary.

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- Thanks so much for your concern. I am really feeling practically normal after only 3 days. They say there is no cure for the common cold but I do think you can shorten the duration if you start treating it right away. I'm glad you enjoyed the video showing my birds feeding on top of the tree stump. They are very happy and so am I. xo, Rosemary

Lisa D. said...

I love your teapot, Rosemary. Is it cast iron? (Glad you are feeling better.)

Tasha T said...

I love your sweet little tea pot, so full of character. And enjoyed seeing the other character in the mirror!
So sorry you've been feeling unwell and good to know you're now feeling better.
What is a Neti pot, by the way?

Tara Dillard said...

Glad you took action, and shortened your Cold.

Neti Pot WORKS.

With less dramatic symptoms will use saline nasal spray, immediately, with great results. If no improvement within an hour, Neti Pot, and poof....success.

Am building my 'man' house team, appreciate what they each bring.

Enjoy hearing about yours. Bravo...to your 'man' team.

Content in a Cottage said...

Lisa D. -- The little teapot looks like cast iron but it is actually pottery. Wedgwood was a famous maker but mine is unmarked. Thanks for the well wishes. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Tasha T -- A neti pot is a nasal irrigation device. Mine is plastic and I got it years ago from CVS. I got my neti pot salt from Whole Foods but you can use non-iodized kitchen salt too. Little packets of saline wash are also available too. Here is a YouTube video you can watch. I only use one filled pot for both nostrils. This video suggests you refill a pot for other nostril.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzBThyXeR_M

I'm glad you like my little teapot and my reflection in the mirror. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Tara Dillard -- Tara, It has taken me a long time to get my list of men to help me maintain my house and property. It's a great comfort to finally have a good man team and I wish you luck in finding yours.
I don't use my neti pot on a regular basis but only reach for it when I feel a cold coming on and it really works to nip it in the bud. I have a friend who couldn't master hers so she uses the nasal saline spray instead. Wishing you good health. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

UPDATE: I posted a photo of my neti pot and salt and the link to a video demonstration. Scroll down to the end of this post. xo, Rosemary

annette said...

What is it about teapots that is so comforting? This one is also beautiful.xo

Tasha T said...

Thank you for the link to Youtube. The Netipot looks a very useful aid and I shall buy one soon. No doubt I shall be needing it as winter starts to bite!

Content in a Cottage said...

Tasha T -- I added a photo of my neti pot to this post along with the YouTube tutorial link. You will find having a Netipot very useful with old man winter on his way. I am so thrilled with my speedy recovery. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

annette -- I could collect teapots but I have no more room. Thanks for liking this one. xo, Rosemary

Eileen in Fla. said...

Love your teapot, but REALLY love that compote pictured beside it. Glad you're on the mend-seems like alot of sickness started right after the Thanksgiving holiday--all that mingling I assume.

Content in a Cottage said...

Eileen in Fla. -- Eileen, That Georgian glass compote you spotted is one of my favorite things. I'm sure my Thanksgiving shopping and mingling caused my short sore throat and runny nose. Thankfully I started my homeopathic "treatments" right away before it got any worse. xo, Rosemary