Friday, June 16, 2023

Wildflower Garden I Photographed with Mostly Bachelor Buttons


 I went out on Wednesday to do some food shopping and to my favorite thrift shop to donate back at the loading dock. To my great surprise they had planted the most wonderful wildflower garden against the metal siding. I was mesmerized by its beauty. I have always loved bachelor buttons or blue cornflowers and there were so many of them. I took a video shown below but I might have to delete it if it doesn't upload correctly. I won't know until I publish this post. I only bought one thing when I went inside for 50 cents. It was an old fashioned squeeze nutcracker. I always have trouble unscrewing the Half & Half tops since they reduced the height. Now they are so shallow I have a really hard time unscrewing them. The nutcracker worked perfectly for this task and I am thrilled. Tara made me feel guilty about not blogging in a while but I have been very busy with many things. More about that later. xo

Have a great weekend. We finally got rain and I have two baby groundhogs that I've been enjoying. I only have weeds and they are welcome to eat all they want. Will try to get a photo to show you.The video worked♡. To see it in your email notification you have to click "continue reading". xo




6 comments:

annette said...

How beautiful! I love cornflower and have never really worked at growing them.xo

Content in a Cottage said...

annette -- I have never tried either but I will for next year. A reader on Instagram says she sows her seeds in October. and she lives in zone 7. xo, Rosemary

Tasha T said...

I love cornflowers too. They're very easy to grow. Just sow your seeds and when they've flowered, shake the seed heads so the seeds fall into the flower bed and they'll grow next year. Voila!

Pam said...

Hi Rosemary! I've missed you, but figured you were busy. I love the shade of blue of cornflowers. I think I'll try to grow them next year, too.

Have a great weekend!

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- I am going to plant them too. Will buy my seeds soon and save them to sow in the fall. I have a spot all picked out. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Tasha T -- Thank you for those instructions. I am definitely going to plant a big patch myself. Cornflowers make me happy. xo, Rosemary