Saturday, April 1, 2023

HELLO, APRIL


APRIL --- The trees are budding forth, the grass is springing green, and April, young and fair appears upon the scene. Pale golden is her hair, her eyes are misty blue, and even when she smiles her tears fall like the dew. Clad all in tender green, she comes with timid feet; A basket with her bringing, filled full with blossoms sweet.The primrose pale & fair, T
the yellow daffodil, the wind flower, wild hyacinth, and other flowers still. All these she casts around to show that Spring is here, with first a smile so sweet, but dropping next a tear.
THe verse by Beatrice Crane -- Design by Walter Crane -- 1889

It feels like an April Fool's Day trick but it isn't! Today is really the first day of April full of April showers this morning at my cottage. I'm glad I did my grocery shopping yesterday! Be safe if you are experiencing severe weather. Some of that is in my forecast for later, probably in the night. xo

4 comments:

Tasha T said...

April is blooming here too. We're wishing for better weather now March has gone which was a very wet and windy month. It's still very cold here but the spring flowers are very brave and struggling through. I'm looking forward to the third David Attenborough programme on Sunday evening. The photography is so beautiful that it's a joy to watch. I hope you will be able to see it soon, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Content in a Cottage said...

Tasha T -- I can't wait until "Wild Isles" comes to my PBS station. I'm sure I will love it too. My day cleared up and got very warm but only for a day. My daffodils are blooming just as the snowdrops have stopped. Have a great weekend.
xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

Happy April 1st! It feels like maybe we can peek out our doors and windows and really see that spring is coming. In the past few days, our grass has turned brilliant green and there trees are budding. We were very fortunate to be spared from some dangerous weather last night. Just an hour's drive away, a tornado did much damage and took three lives. Maybe some sunny, warm weather will come along this week, just in time for Easter!

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- My area was spared from the dangerous weather last night and I'm glad yours was too. Yes, everything is turning green and it's a very exciting time of year with Easter being so early.
xo, Rosemary