Saturday, March 4, 2023

Snowdrops are for Sharing

I discovered some rogue snowdrops on a bank where I threw some weeds from one of my beds with snowdrops and daffodils. It's impossible to weed those areas and not pull up snowdrop bulbs so I am careful to dispose of the weeds in a designated area. Each spring I have blooming bulbs to share with friends. I took these two pots to a friend who lost her mom recently and told her to plant them where she can see them. They always bloom in February and will be the start of her memory garden.
Have a great weekend.

xo

4 comments:

annette said...

What a beautiful post! Thank you ,Rosemary.xo

Content in a Cottage said...

annette -- Thank you, Annette. I need to share another big bunch of snowdrops with a realtor friend who lost her 57 year old son in February to Leukemia. I helped her by sitting in on several home inspections for one of her listings. She's not a gardener so snowdrops will be perfect as they require no care.
xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

I know your friends will treasure the gift of your snowdrops. Sometimes life is painful and losses take a toll on us, but those sweet flowers will help bring cheer. Bless you, Rosemary!

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- I know she will enjoy them now and each February when they pop up through the snow. It's nice to have special flowers to remember your mother. I have all the daffodils my mother planted in a special bed that I can see from my kitchen window. They are up but haven't bloomed yet. I have snowdrops there too.
xo, Rosemary