Saturday, March 11, 2023

MORNING SMOOTHIE or "HOW I EAT MY GREENS"

My Oster blender has an additional container for smoothies and it works wonderfully. I filled it about half full with soy milk but you can use the liquid of your choice. I add 1/2 a banana, sliced. Then I put in some leftover beets, some leftover crushed pineapple, and two really big handfuls, tightly packed, of raw collard greens. I buy them in a large bag already washed and torn into small pieces and they last me at least a week. Raw collard greens are the best greens you can eat for your eyes and I can honestly say my vision has improved in only two weeks of making these smoothies. I vary the ingredients but the banana and collards are always included as is the soy milk.


This is a closeup before my first sip.


I ordered these stainless straws with an adjustable sipper and cleaning brush recently because a standard straw is too short for my Oster container. They are made by OXO (see link HERE) and there is a carrying case for travel. These are life changing and I love them. What do you think of My Breakfast of Champions? I was having an awful time eating my greens in other ways so this has solved my problem completely. If I somehow miss it at breakfast time, I will have it for my dinner. I add berries too, just didn't this morning. I always have frozen blueberries on hand. Each one has been delicious and the greens don't impart much of a taste but the banana does! HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.

Here is my complete Oster package.
Maybe you have the same one hiding in your cabinet like I did.
xo

4 comments:

Linda Sand said...

I rarely have a smoothies but when I get one here it contains orange juice, banana, yogurt, and strawberries. Very tasty way to eat your fruits as well.

Content in a Cottage said...

Linda Sand -- Sounds delicious, especially for a summer smoothie.
xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

How encouraging for you to see results in just a few weeks! I might just have to follow your lead, Rosemary. Having the right tools for your smoothies makes it easier, too. I'm going to check out those straws.

An aside, while looking at your wonderful kitchen counters and your sink area, I saw the little bowl and brush. I have the same thing sitting beside my sink, with a tiny bar of my neighbor's homemade soap. Every time my granddaughter comes over, she asks me to wash her fingernails with the little brush. Isn't is funny what kids enjoy??? I knew I had an extra one, so I sent one home with her to have at her house.

Have a great weekend Rosemary!

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- That bowl, brush and gardening soap were gifts from one of my readers and I love them. I usually wear gloves but sometimes you just have to use bare hands when weeding around things like snowdrops so you won't disturb the bulbs. I understand your granddaughter's love for a nail brush and now she has her own at home. How nice!

I have had my Oster blender ages ago at Costco. It has a big glass container but it's not good for smoothies in small batches. I have only recently discovered this attachment that came with it and it works perfectly for my breakfast drink and so easy to clean. It also has a travel top to take in the car.

Enjoy your weekend too.

xo, Rosemary