Monday, March 20, 2023

Happy First Day of Spring

I honestly woke up to a bird singing the same song over and over this morning to welcome the first day of spring. I think this rooster has been used several times on this date in past years but here he is again. He's an engraving from one of my antiquarian books, The Royal Book of Crests. I hope your day is like mine with bright sun and a blue sky. xo

Lisa D. wanted to know the name of that bird I heard. I found a YouTube video of New Jersey birds singing and have identified my bird as THE TUFTED TITMOUSE, the first bird in this YouTube video. Enjoy seeing so many of the birds of New Jersey who enjoy bird feeders and sing for their supper. xo

5 comments:

Lisa D. said...

Do you know what the bird was? I have a lot of Mourning Doves in my area that speak regularly, and I love to hear them. They are beautiful birds.

Pam said...

Happy Spring to you, too, Rosemary! Our weather is supposed to warm up as the week progresses. I'm looking forward to getting out for walks and my yard needs attention. I love seeing the rooster again--he heralds good tidings.

Content in a Cottage said...

Lisa D. -- Lisa, I don't know which bird I heard yesterday morning but it wasn't one of my Mourning Doves. Today is the first FULL DAY of spring and it's a beautiful day but still cold. Enjoy your Tuesday.
xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- It was 32° when I went out to fill my bird feeder but it's supposed to be 60° this afternoon. March is a month that brings the first day of spring but can't quite let go of winter either. I'm glad you liked seeing my rooster yesterday.
xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

UPDATE: I added a YouTube video to this post with the first bird being the one who was and still is singing loudly in my back yard. It was the Tufted Titmouse. You will enjoy seeing and hearing so many birds in this wonderful video. Enjoy.
Lisa D. -- thanks for your question. It made me find this video.
xo, Rosemary