Monday, November 21, 2022

First Front Yard Bird Photos

I am so happy to see my woodpecker friend again.


Yum. These sunflowers seeds are SO good!


Look at that bird just landing with his legs still outstretched.
I like the shadow on the brick wall too.


Look at the bird still in midair on the left.

I am getting reacquainted with my Nikon 35mm camera. The original rechargeable battery finally went completely dead months and months ago. I got the camera in 2005 so that was a really long time for a battery to last, wasn't it? I finally ordered a replacement and it arrived this week, just in time for birdfeeder photos. YAY! 
xo

6 comments:

Pam said...

The birds are back! It's always so much fun to see them. Today, I looked out a window and saw a big bunny just sitting on the patio. Usually I put fruit and vegetable parings out there for them to eat, but I haven't done it for a few days. I think she was trying to send me a message, lol. It feels good to feed the birds and our furry friends this time of year.

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- That bunny was definitely waiting for your kitchen scraps. How nice of you to put them out for them instead of putting them in the garbage. It's the perfect way to recycle. I'm enjoying my bird friends but I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a rabbit. Lucky you. xo, Rosemary

Tara Dillard said...

Keep the Bird pics coming. Your camera, and skill are delightful. Good seeing close ups of what I have here. But no good camera.

Those extended bird legs.....fun timing.

XOT

Content in a Cottage said...

Tara Dillard -- Tara, Glad you like the bird pics. My camera skills will increase as I get to know my Nikon once again all fired up with a new battery. xo, Rosemary

Lisa D. said...

Wonderful pictures! Isn't wildlife amazing?

Content in a Cottage said...

Lisa D. -- YES. I enjoy watching the wildlife at my feeder. So far the squirrels are only using the tree stump with the weather vane where I scatter the sunflower seeds as a platform feeder. The big birds like this too because they can't perch on my front feeder. xo, Rosemary