Sunday, October 2, 2022

The Perfect Small House


I realize this wonderful small cottage has a large house attached. I hope it isn't dependent in any way to the big one but could easily stand alone.
I have mowed all of my grass very close to the ground with the #2 blade setting on my push mower. Now all the leaves can blow away with no raking required. I still have a few geraniums outside in big planters that I have to repot and bring inside. My peonies haven't been pruned to the ground yet either. And I need to put in more weatherstripping on a door or two but otherwise, I am pretty prepared for cold weather. I haven't turned on my heat yet and am wearing warm neck scarves indoors. If my neck is warm, I feel warmer all over. I do this in bed too when watching TV before I turn off the light. Try it, it really works! photo source
xo

6 comments:

Lisa D. said...

It's a wonderful cottage house. I love the low stone wall and potted tree at the front. Rosemary, I have to ask you this: Are you going to post any beautiful pies with decorative crusts this year? (I'm hoping you do.)

Content in a Cottage said...

Lisa D.-- I really like that potted tree too. I'll start looking for decorative pie crusts to post. xo, Rosemary

Anne said...

If you would like to see inside the whole house, here's the link. It's GORGEOUS! https://www.cottagesgardens.com/the-great-american-house/

jeanannemarie said...

I do the same with scarves in the house! I have a favorite gray fleece that is like a blanky (for my inner child, LOL.)

Content in a Cottage said...

Anne -- THANK YOU SO MUCH! I have always admired the work of Gil Schafer's architectural designs. Glad to know this is his. Thans again for the tour. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

jeanannemarie -- I too have a favorite ancient gray scarf. Mine is knitted with cashmere yarn. My go out of the house favorite is gray woven cashmere. If my neck is warm I can keep the thermostat lower than I could without a scarf. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. Your gray fleece sounds snug and warm like a blanky around your neck. xo, Rosemary